Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Rough Week

I was hit with sorrow after sorrow this week.

3 deaths from cancer, after heroic struggles, leaving behind the carnage of broken hearts and jagged craters of pain.

Then a premature baby, whose life we measured in hours instead of decades - the third such loss for the empty-armed, devastated parents.

Then the sudden blindside of a fatal heart attack.

And then a 6 year old boy on vacation with his family, wading with his Grampa - he stepped off of an unseen ledge and was swept away in a heartbeat.  They have searched 40 miles downstream and still have not found him.  An anticipated holiday with family gone excruciatingly awry. Heartbreak. Grief. Guilt. Please pray for this family.

"When I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me..."

All I could do was crawl into my Papa's lap - and weep against His shoulder.

And deep in my spirit I knew.

He was weeping with me.

No comments: